ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO THE B.Ed PROGRAMME
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the B.Ed programme (in Government /Government Aided/Self-Financing Colleges of Education) leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) provided:
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3(15) or 11+1+3(15) pattern of study and passed the qualifying examination conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Education level.
- Candidates, who have passed the UG or PG Degree under Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC Examination and one year of Pre-University Course (P.U.C) examination or 10+2 pattern of School Education Examination are not eligible for admission, even if they subsequently qualify in one year SSLC and one year PUC or 10+2 pattern of School Education Examination.
- Candidates, who have studied more than one main subject in Part III/Part IV (under Double / Triple Major System) of UG Degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in two / three major subjects shall be taken in to account to arrive at the percentage of marks as stipulated in item (ix) herein.
- Candidates, who have passed any degree under Additional Degree Programme.
- Candidates, who have passed under four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects under Part III are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates, who have qualified the P.G. Degree in the subjects in Home Science, Economics, Commerce, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Logic, Indian Culture, and Philosophy with not less that 50% of marks are eligible for admission, subject to the condition that the major subject in the UG and PG Degrees shall be one and the same.
- Candidates, who have qualified the PG Degree (5 year integrated course) under 10 + 2 + 5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study, shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken in to account for admission to B.Ed. Degree programme for the subjects in Tamil/Urdu (Urdu in Self-Financing Colleges only), English, Mathematics, Physical Science (Physics), Physical Science (Chemistry), Biological Science (Botany), Biological Science (Zoology), History, Geography, and Computer Science. The marks obtained by the candidates in the last two years (4th & 5th year) alone shall be taken into account for admission to B.Ed. Degree programme for subjects in Home Science, Economics, Commerce, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Logic, Indian Culture, and Philosophy.